- Public Works
- Trash Collection
Curbside Trash Collection
The Town of Rocky Hill provides automated residential curbside trash collection through our contracted provider, Trash Away (860-225-1206). Residential units are single family dwellings, multi-family dwellings of 4 or less units, and condominiums. All commercial property owners, including businesses, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, motels, hotels, and apartment buildings are required to secure their own hauler for both solid waste and recycling.
Trash is collected curbside every week. Refer to the Trash Collection Schedule By Street (PDF) to view your trash collection day.
- Place your cart at the curb before 5:00 A.M. on your collection day.
- Bring in carts within 24 hours of pick-up.
- Holiday one-day delays for 2023 - Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Although holidays may affect this schedule, put your container out on your regularly scheduled day.
Kitchen and bathroom trash only.
The following items SHOULD NOT be placed in these containers:
- No bulk items, construction debris, or renovation materials.
- No flammable items, explosives, hazardous chemical substances, or radioactive materials.
- No medical or biological waste. Click here for how to dispose of unwanted medications
- No grass clippings, branches, or lawn debris.
- No electronics, automotive parts, or liquid waste.
NO RECYCLING ITEMS!
• Place carts within 4 feet of the curb, do not place in the street. • Place carts at least 3 feet apart from each other and other objects • Place the handle away from the street, (lid opening facing the street). • DO NOT OVERFILL THE CART, Lids must be closed.
DO NOT PLACE BAGS ON TOP OF OR NEAR THE CART, they will not be picked up. Extra trash may be brought to the Transfer Station during normal business hours.
As a reminder, wash and clean your carts regularly with a disinfectant cleaner to eliminate odors and deter animals.
NOTE: If replacement of trash cart is needed, please call the Community Development Office at 860-258-2766. Replacement carts will not be provided due to dirty carts.