The Town provides recycling to residents by curbside pick-up via our trash contractor or drop off at the Transfer Station .
Curbside Recycling Collection
Recycling is collected curbside every other week on an A or B schedule. Refer to the Recycling Collection Schedule (PDF) to view your recycling collection day.
- Place your cart at the curb before 6 :00 A.M. on your collection day.
- Bring in carts within 24 hours of pick-up.
- Even though holidays may affect this schedule, put your container out on your regularly scheduled day.
Connecticut now has a universal list of what belongs in your recycling bin and what does not. All items should be empty, rinsed, clean, and open (without caps) . Do not shred, box, bag, or bundle items.
Please see MIRA’s list of acceptable and non-acceptable items at: ctmira.org
Please note that Recycle CT has a website and app with more detailed information at: RecycleCt
ABSOLUTELY NO STYROFOAM. Styrofoam should be taken to the Transfer Station.
Place carts at least 2 feet apart from each other with the lid opening facing the street.
NOTE: If replacement of recycle carts is needed, please call the Community Development Office at 860-258-2766.
• Conserves valuable resources and saves energy.
• Reduces garbage in our landfills, reduces air/water pollution.
• Decreases greenhouse gas and pollutants that impact our climate and health.
• Saves 15 mature trees by preventing 1 ton of paper waste.