If you received an adjustment on a tax bill by the Assessor's Office and are due a refund for overpaid taxes, please complete the Refund Request Form (PDF). For example: you paid a car tax bill for the full year but then sold the car during the middle of the year. After providing proof to the Assessor's Office for an adjustment, you are entitled to a refund of a portion of the taxes you paid (see the Motor Vehicle Adjustments page for information regarding proof).