The Assessment Office is responsible for discovering, listing and valuing all real property, business personal property and motor vehicles as of October 1st each year in accordance with Connecticut State Statutes. The Assessment Office also administers various state and local tax relief programs.
Typical services provided by this office includes:
- Ownership and assessment information
- GIS maps
- Exemptions and tax relief:
- Motor vehicle adjustments
- Are property record cards and maps available online to view and print?
- Are there tax relief programs for elderly homeowners, veterans, disabled residents, legally blind residents?
- Do I need to notify the Assessment Office that I opened a business in Town?
- How are motor vehicle values determined?
- How do I request an extension to file my Business Personal Property Declaration?
- I am a new Rocky Hill resident. How long do I have to register my vehicle here?
- I have noticed vehicles with out-of-state license plates parked for a period over 60 days. What can I do?
- I own a business in Town. Am I required to file a Declaration of Business Personal Property?
- What if my vehicle was sold, junked, totaled, stolen, donated, repossessed, registered out-of-state?
- What is a Declaration of Personal Property?
- What is the due date for Declarations of Business Personal Property?
- When is the next revaluation scheduled for the Rocky Hill?