Home Patrol Division
The Patrol Division is the largest division in the Rocky Hill Police Department. It consists of the uniformed officers assigned to patrol duties. Officers staff this division 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and perform a wide range of functions.
The uniformed officers of the patrol division are responsible for:
- Responding to calls for service: criminal complaints, motor vehicle accidents, recovery of stolen property, public assistance calls, calls for medical assistance and other incidents requiring a police response
- Preventive Patrol: Preventing incidents before they occur.
- Apprehending criminals and wanted persons
- Enforcement of Motor Vehicle laws
- Working with the public to prevent crimes
- Prisoner Control: The patrol division is responsible for monitoring all prisoners being held by the department until they are turned over to court.
The Patrol Division utilizes different tactics and technologies to accomplish its mission. Both marked and unmarked patrol vehicles are used and all are equipped with mobile data terminals which provides links to local, state and national resources. Radar and laser speed measurement devices are available for officers to use when conducting motor vehicle enforcement. All primary patrol vehicles have Automated External Defibrillators (AED) and basic first aid supplies to assist with medical emergencies.
Contact InformationTown Of Rocky Hill
699 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT
Lt. Joseph Phelps, Division Commander