Tax Deferment Program
Tax bills are mailed once a year:
- First installment bills are due no later than October 1, 2020
- Second installment bills are due no later than April 1, 2021
- On December 21, 2020, the Town Council approved the deferment of property taxes for three (3) months. Therefore installment one (1) is due no later than October 1, 2020. Installment two (2) is due no later than April 1, 2021.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for additional information about due dates and penalties.
The 2019-2020 mill rate is 32.5 (pertains to bills due July 1, 2019 and January 1, 2020)
The 2020-2021 mill rate is 33.6 (pertains to bills due July 1, 2020 and January 1, 2021)
Online Bill Payment offers the following benefits:
- Access, view and pay your bills online, at your convenience.
- Paying your bill online is faster and easier than writing a check and mailing it.
- You can pay with electronic check or credit/debit card. Payments will not be reflected online for 48 to 72 business hours after payment is made.
Use of a charge/debit card will incur a convenience fee of 2.50% with a minimum charge of $2.00. The Town of Rocky Hill receives only your bill payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable.
The convenience fee amount is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit card statement. Use of an electronic check (e-check) will not incur a convenience fee.