- All glass food and beverage containers
- All Plastic food and laundry product containers #1 thru #7, and #10
- All Metal food and beverage containers
- Clean aluminum foils, pans, and containers
- Milk & juice cartons, single serve juice boxes and other aseptic containers
- Junk mail and envelopes
- All Food & Beverage containers made of plastics #1 through #7
- Paper bags, paper egg cartons, paper towel tubes
- Newspapers and advertising inserts
- Office paper, white & colored, sticky notes
- File folders, note cards, card stock, manila envelopes
- Magazines, catalogs
- Shredded paper in a paper grocery bag
Place your cart at the curb before 6:00am on your collection day. Place carts at least two feet apart from each other with the lid opening facing the street. Also, make sure the barrels aren’t left at the curb for longer than 24 hours.
Phone books may be recycled in your blue bin anytime or at the Transfer Station (only during May or April).
The State of Connecticut mandated recycling of electronics known as “Covered Electronic Devices.” Televisions, computers (desktop or laptop), monitors, keyboards, printers, etc., must be recycled. You may take your old electronics to our Transfer Station located on Old Forge Road.
Recycling is collected curbside every other week on an A or B schedule. Refer to the Recycling Collection Schedule to view your recycling collection day. Collection is delayed by one day the rest of the week for the following holidays observed: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Need More Information?
Check the Recycling FAQ
Town of Rocky Hill
761 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT
Jim Sollmi, PELS Director of Community Development and Public Works
Joe Lentini, Field Operations and Highway Superintendent
|HOURS:||Monday - Friday|
|6:30am - 2:30pm|
LOCATION: 59 Old Forge Road
*Transfer Station is closed during inclement weather*