Public Works Service Announcements
- No trash collection Thursday, November 22nd due to the Thanksgivng holiday.
- Thursday collection will be Friday and Friday's collection will be Saturday.
- No Bulky waste collection from Sanitation Crew on Friday November 23rd - due to Town holiday, normal service will resume on Monday November 26th.
- The transfer station will be closed on Friday November 23rd and open Saturday November 24th from 7 am to 1pm.
- Leaf collection will continue at curb from Highway department - Continue to rake your leaves to curb, NO BRANCHES OR STICKS IN LEAVES! We will collect as long as weather permits!
- No Bulky waste collection from Sanitation Crew on Friday November 23 - due to Town holiday, normal service will resume on Monday.
Bulky waste refers to large items such as furniture (i.e.) couches, rugs, carpet, chairs, box springs and mattresses that cannot be collected as part of the automated trash collection system. Schedule a bulk waste pickup by completing the Trash/Recycling Service Request Form.
You can drop off bulk waste at the Transfer Station located at 59 Old Forge Road during the following hours:
January & February – Saturday only from 7:00am – 1:00pm
March 1st thru December 31st – Thursday & Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm, Saturday 7:00am – 1:00pm
- Motor Oil
- Car Batteries (all lead acid used in any engine)
- Electronics, computers, monitors, TV, DVD players
- Phone Books (April & May)
- Florescent Bulbs & Ballasts
- Propane Tanks – 20lb only
- Rugs & Carpets – rolled & tied six feet in length
- Household Trash
- Scrap Metal
- Household Batteries
- Tag Sale Items
- Household Recycling
- Tires – car/small truck off the rim
- Plastic – Toys, furniture, storage bins
Items NOT Accepted
- Hazardous waste chemicals
- Construction Debris
- Demolition, Remodeling Materials
- Large Sheds
- Large Dog Houses
- Wooden Playscapes
- Wooden Fencing
- Ceramic Tile
- Roofing Material
- Small propane tanks (Example: Coleman)
- Oxygen tanks
- Acetylene Tanks
- Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke detectors
*Alternate disposal for above listed items not permitted at the Transfer Station is CWPM located on Christian Lane in Berlin, call (860) 828-1162 for information, hours of operation are Monday – Friday 5:00am to 3:30pm, and Saturday 5:00am to 10:30am. Cost $140.00 ton $45.00 minimum.
Town of Rocky Hill
761 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT
Jim Sollmi, PELS Director of Community Development and Public Works
Joe Lentini, Field Operations and Highway Superintendent
|HOURS:||Monday - Friday|
|6:30am - 2:30pm|
LOCATION: 59 Old Forge Road
HOURS: Thursday & Friday, 10:00am – 2:00pm (March 1st – December 31st)
Saturday - 7:00am – 1:00pm (all year)
*Transfer Station is closed during inclement weather*