Notice: The last brush pickup for 2018 will begin on Monday, October 22nd and end on Friday, October, 26th. Please have all brush curbside prior to 10/22.
The Town of Rocky Hill provides monthly brush pickup service for its residential homeowners. The intent is to allow homeowners to properly dispose of tree and shrub clippings, dead or fallen branches as a result of storms and routine yard maintenance. The Highway Department collects limbs, branches, brush and shrubs placed at the curb by the homeowners the third week of each month, March thru October. There is no pick up list as the Town checks each street starting from the east side (Connecticut River) of the Town and works west. Therefore, PLEASE DO NOT CALL to arrange pick up.
ACCEPTABLE PRACTICES OR MATERIALS:
- Branches shall be no larger than (8") eight inches round,
- Branches shall be no longer the (8') eight feet
- Brush shall be stacked with the cut or butt ends facing the street
- Brush MUST be stacked neatly in the same direction, NOT CRISS-CROSSED
The Town reserves the right to limit the amount per property to one truck load or up to (10) Ten cubic yards, (6' wide x 6' high pile, 8' long). Amounts exceeding this may be dropped off at the Transfer Station by the homeowner during normal business hours.
UNACCEPTABLE PRACTICES OR MATERIALS:
- NO STUMPS
- No logs over (8") eight inches round
- No "whole" trees removals
- No construction debris, metal or stone
- Do not stack next to light poles, wires, electrical boxes, signs, fire hydrants or mail boxes.
If brush is not removed, an explanation of why will be left on a door knocker at entrance of home. Brush Pick-Up is for residential homeowners only, not for commercial properties, apartment or condominium complexes.
Town of Rocky Hill
761 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT
Jim Sollmi, PELS Director of Community Development and Public Works
Joe Lentini, Field Operations and Highway Superintendent
|HOURS:||Monday - Friday|
|6:30am - 2:30pm|
LOCATION: 59 Old Forge Road
HOURS: Thursday & Friday, 10:00am – 2:00pm (March 1st – December 31st)
Saturday - 7:00am – 1:00pm (all year)
*Transfer Station is closed during inclement weather*