The following projects are anticipated to be completed/started by 2016:
- Altera, the 144 unit apartment complex, also contains an 8000 square foot of medical office building which is complete and currently being marketed.
- Arburg Inc., a German manufacturer currently located in Newington, CT, is building their new 30,000 square foot headquarters in Rocky Hill on West Street and is scheduled for completion winter 2014.
- Town Center West, a 90,000 square foot mixed-use residential/retail/office/restaurant development located at the intersection of Cromwell Avenue and West Street, is currently under construction. The occupancy date is fall 2015. In addition to the 90,000 square feet of commercial space, 144 one and two bedroom rental apartments will be constructed on site.
- The 250,000 square foot former Ames Department Stores corporate headquarters property, located in the Town center, was auctioned in July of this year. The new owners, the Morgan Reed Group, has plans to redevelop the property into a residential/commercial mixed-use project.
- The redevelopment of the CT Foundry property (a brownfield site), now called River’s Edge, will be a mixed use project consisting of 77 condominium units and 8,000 square feet of retail/office & restaurant, located along the banks of the CT River.