News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/3/2023 9:18:38 AM to 11/3/2023 9:22:56 AM.
Sustainable Rocky Hill Task Force
Posted on: November 3, 2023
[ARCHIVED] Task Force Update - October 30th Meeting Highlights
- 🌳 A member of Boy Scout Troop 121 is looking for volunteers to support a project in Quarry Park to make the trails more accessible. Contact us if you'd like to be involved!
- 🌧️ Members of the town staff will be meeting with The Nature Conservancy in early November to plan a workshop around climate resilience.
- ⚡ The Clean Energy Forum took place on Thursday October 26. Town electeds and local nonprofits talked about the opportunities for clean energy. We learned that collectively Rocky Hill spends $100 million on energy - we can cut that by a quarter by transitioning to renewable energy sources, electrifying vehicles and buildings, and improving efficiency. Read a report on the town's energy consumption here: https://tinyurl.com/RH-Clean-Energy-Report
- 👩🦽🚶🚴♂️The town continues to expand its sidewalk and bike infrastructure. Here is the current plan (synthesis by task force: not an official town document): https://felt.com/map/Rocky-Hill-Sidewalks-Main-Plan-October-18-2023-D9AbFLIzkRbO3K5NcXFBQAD?loc=41.65316,-72.66465,13.94z&share=1
- 🌼 The composting raffle with Blue Earth Compost has concluded. 52 winners from the town will receive 6 months of service from Blue Earth. The town is revising its proposal to DEEP to cover more residents with a year-long pilot. Stay tuned for more details!
- 🧑🌾 Work continues to prepare the site of the Rocky Hill Community Farm. In early November, the town will review options for the planned barn.
- 🏘️ We discussed the town's 2022 Affordable Housing plan and how it can be distributed to more relevant parties. The town is developing a process for residents to apply to join the affordable housing committee.