Town Clerk

  • Town Clerk Volume Banner

Home  Departments  Town Clerk  Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses in the State of Connecticut are issued in the Town in which the wedding will take place. Premarital blood tests are not required in the State of Connecticut.

Both parties must appear in the Clerk's Office when applying for a marriage license to complete and sign the form as well as, to take their oaths.  You will need the name of the person performing the ceremony, the location at which the wedding will take place, as well as the telephone number of the officiant. The marriage license is only valid for 65 days from the date of the application to the date of the marriage. The fee for a marriage license is $30.00 payable at the time of application. The original marriage certificate must be signed and returned to the Town Clerk's Office by the person performing the ceremony.

Certified copies of marriage licenses are $20.00. Certified copies are required for Social Security and DMV to make name changes.

Applicants under 18 years of age must have a consent form signed by their parent or guardian. If the applicant is under 16 years of age, the Judge of Probate must award consent for marriages performed in Rocky Hill. Please contact us for further details.

*  Applicants are requested to come in before 4:00pm.

Justices of the Peace



Contact Information

logo6   Town of Rocky Hill
   761 Old Main St.
   Rocky Hill, CT

Stuart Topliff, Town Clerk

PHONE: 860-258-2705
FAX:  860-258-2721
HOURS:  Monday - Friday
   8:30am – 4:30pm





Request email notification when page changes Get emailed when page changes